Memory Loss and Juvenile Diabetes
I have a teenager who's blood sugar stays pretty well under controll. We have always teased her about not paying attention, but now I am starting to worry. She seems like she is really having long term memory loss. She forgets full on conversations that we have had several weeks back. She gets great grades, but fails her state tests. And no she doesn't freak over tests...she really just acts like she has never seen the information before. I am starting to get really concerned that this might be linked to her diabetes. Is it? What can we do if so?

Thank you!
Hello, Renata.  I'm not a medical professional, just the parent of a kid with diabetes.  The ability of the brain to function properly, which includes the ability to remember, is directly tied to blood sugars, and is most often tied to low blood sugars.   You say your teen has good control, but does she suffer from frequent lows?  That can explain the memory problems.
She doesn't have many lows or highs. Her last A1c was 7.0. That's not to say that she doesn't have either. More than often she will have numbers over 200...than the lows.

I have no idea what to think.