Aa
A
A
Close
My blood Glucose level on a fast was at 149 and later on in the day at 156, then 169
Is this okay with type II diabetes.  I have not had any meds prescribed as of yet.  I have headaches everyday.  I sometimes shake really bad and feel as if I am losing it.  Are my numbers good, high or should I be concerned.

My doctor told me to exercise and change my diet.  I walk everyday and I have  hardly any sugar in my diet.

Please help
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
No, those numbers, while not extreme, are too high. Studies show that damage begins to occur at sustained time spent above 140. You want your fasting blood sugars under 120 and as close as possible to 100 or less. You want your post prandials (2 hours after eating) under 140. Sugar is not the only thing that raises blood sugar, carbs are what you need to lower. I suggest testing more frequently for awhile and eat a meal, then see where you are at two hours later. If you are over 140 then you either need to eliminate that food or reduce the portion. If you are overweight you will get better blood sugars when you lose. Bottom line, though, I wouldn't continue feeling bad and having high blood sugar for too long before you ask your doctor to start you on meds.

By the way, this is the Type 1 forum you posted in.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet