Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Nausea, Dizziness (or Aura)

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Nausea, Dizziness (or Aura)

I have had Type 1 Diabetes since 18 months old, I am now 25 years old. I gave birth to my 2nd child in February. All of these symptoms have occurred since my 25th birthday party in the beginning of April...
Nausea and Dizziness.
I had a birthday party that involved quite a bit of drinking, and ever since the day after my party (when I was hung over), I have felt like ****! It's like that one night of hard drinking has ruined my body for life!!! I have had hang overs before and I'm not a drunk/alcoholic or anything, but no hang over I have ever had has felt like this, and ever since that "hang over day" I have felt awful!
Every time I start to have a drink, I start feeling nauseas, even if I have only 1 drink, I feel sick and then usually the next day I feel hung over.
The nausea isn't only when I have a drink though, it's pretty constant. Very strange though...it will disappear for a day maybe and then be there the next day, I don't know how to explain it.
And the dizziness...it's not the type of dizziness like I'm going to fall over, it's the type of dizziness like if you look up or turn too fast, and the nausea comes with it...it's like the "aura" some people feel before going into a seizure, although I never end up going into a seizure...it's just like you feel like you're falling and there is nothing underneath you, or everything around you is moving very fast and you can't control it...a very scary feeling!!!
I have no idea what it is...my A1C is 6.4%, so that is good. My Endocrinologist ordered some blood work for Celiac Disease, to check my thyroid and kidney, and a few other tests, and obviously a pregnancy test. I should find out tomorrow if anything shows up on any of the tests.
But in case they can't find anything...does anyone else experience these things or have any idea what could be causing these symptoms??? I hope to God I am not pregnant again!!!!! But I have been on birth control (Errin).
Please help if you can!!!
Thanks!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet