Newbie needs an iPhone app

My daughter was just diagnosed with Type 1 a couple of weeks ago, and in in that honeymoon phase where her pancreas is starting to produce some of its own insulin.  Figuring dosages and meals has been really tough.  I've tried a number of apps that haven't given me what I am searching for, which is just carb counts on various foods, so we can effectively cook and count at home with more control of protein, fiber, and fat content that carry her bs levels with more stability.  Any iPhone apps out there that do this well?
You may want to take an interest in betatrophin its a hormone that regulates cells within the pancreas. It has been shown to revitalize the often thought dead pancreas which in fact is not as they say. I have searched for bio identical betatrophin hormones but seem to have hit a wall. The idea is to find out the source of creating them rather how to make the body produce these hormones regularly.
Hi, New to this site. My friends brother has pancreas cancer and is diabetic. He was found unresponsive two days ago and is now in a diabetic coma in intensive care. My question is what are his chances of waking up and being okay? He was givin 1 day to 3 months to live because of the cancer just about a week ago. Any answers or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
Rolotootsie:  I am not aware of any apps but I'd guess there is one or 8.  What my wife and I got good at doing is simply reading labels and otherwise studying carb counts.  it kind of seems like a pain in the butt, but its not that big of a deal.  Dealing with diabetes means lifestyle changes and ones attitude towards those changes can really make a difference.  Some people think "this is my opportunity and wake up call to start eating right and being healthier".  (That requires doing homework and sticking to the program.)  Another side is thinking "Well, now its over and there is nothing I can do."  That is hogwash.  Be positive, do your homework and it will come around.  In the mean time look for an app and I will too.  Report back if you find one, please!

Selfillumination:  Sounds interesting.  I would hope that you are working with a qualified health care professional such as an endocrinologist.  Mine has made my life a lot easier and he is on top of everything ground breaking within the diabetes community.

parsons22:  Sorry to hear about your friends brother.  The best way to get an answer is to speak directly with the doctors in charge.  (I can tell you this.  Recently lost my sister in law to cancer.  She too was a diabetic.  She went from being diagnosed to passing away 19 days later.  Initially they thought they had an isolated cancer which was treatable.  They ran more tests, took more biopsies and found that she had cancer in the lungs, brain and liver which was the initial diagnosis.  The doctors at Duke medical center in North Carolina were awesome!  They didn't pull any punches and were able to answer all of our questions.  I think my sister in law was in the hospital for less than a week before we took her home and used hospice care.

Speak with the oncologist who is working with your friends brother.  That is where your answers will be.  Some of it isn't so cut and dry however.  Good luck and again, so sorry to hear this tragic news.
hello,
As your daughter is in the honey moon phase, the intent is to keep her there as long as possible so that you can minimize insulin requirement.

The way to do this is by keep sugars as close to normal as possible both by eating very low carb food, and using low doses of insulin as reqyured,

I strongly recommend you get and study the book "diabetes Solutions" by dr. Richard Berstein.  He also has a series of lectures on Utube under "Bernstein Diabetes University" which i believe are must watch for new and old diabetics who want excellent control.

Hope this helps.
My school nurse recommended Calorie King.  Very complete app that includes menu items for just about every fast food restaurant PLUS almost all other foods by category.  It's free in App Store and I use it all the time now. I'm 14.  I use Logbook (MySugr) to track everything.  Your daughter might like it, it's fun.
Thank you all.  I'm sorry I didn't respond at the time.  Things were a little frantic.