Pain while using needls..?
K, well, right now, i rarley, get pain while injecting my self with inslin. When i was diagnosed, i, well ,lets say i had some meat on my bones lol. since i was diagnosed, ive been working out consitently, and ive been tighting up. Im just curious. Well the injections hurt alot more, if you have less fat to pinch while injecting?
Dear gman,
Please understand that I am a volunteer and a mom with a son who was diagnosed 16 years ago. I am not a doctor and as such  cannot give you medical advice. I would like to share my own experience with my son and myself. My son's largest pain came from testing his blood sugars. His fingers were the most sensitive part when the pain issue came up. I am sure you know all of the latest advancements that are available now. Please check out the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation at http://www.jdrf.org/

I would like you to know about my own experience. While I do not have diabetes, I do have a chronic illness that reqiures two shots a week. The company who developed this drug has just recently devised a much smaller needle, thank goodness. Not the smaller gauge needle that people have with diabetes, but they will get there. However,with the number of shots people with diabetes go through, I have no complaints! I have shifted weight, back and forth, and through all of this I can tell you honestly, I haven't seen a big difference. When you have less skin to hold between your fingers during a shot, it may look like it could give us pause. I hope we get a response from
one of our volunteer's or other people who give us great comments who can speak more on mucles and perhaps the lack of skin to grab for the shot. Has your doctor or nurse talked to you about your shot being painful and your overall management of your diabetes? This is always a good place to start. I personally inhale when the needle goes in and slowly breath out while my meds go in. This has been very helpful to me. The fact that you are working out(good for you)is fantastic. You seem to be taking your management very seriously. Keep in touch and watch for other comments. Let us know what you find out.
Best of Luck,
dm

hello again gman!  I've spoken with lots of people on this one and they all say the same thing ~ that sometimes, no matter what, injections hurt.  Are you using short, ultra fine needles?  Have you tried using your belly?  Sometimes there's just a bit more fat there and for many, this area hurts the least in giving injections.  If the pain continues, there are numbing gels that can be used . . .  hope this helps!
JHG