Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Prediabetic?

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Prediabetic?

In the past I have had low blood sugar episodes (sweating, shakes and about to faint). An oral glucose test proved I had a level of 50 after 3 hours.
Today, I went to take a shower and suddenly felt very dizzy, faint, and had a lot of nausea. I had to get out of the shower right away and sit down on a chair. I sat for about 10 minutes and decided to take my blood sugar which was 121 on an empty stomach. I did have orange juice before bedtime last night.
I've had a lot of nausea and tiredness over the last month or so. Lost of appetite and thirsty. I'm always in the bathroom but that is nothing new for me. I know I'm not pregnant. I'm 40 years old, 5'5" and 195 pounds. My mother has diabetes.
Please help.
Hi there!

A single near-diabetic reading is insufficient to label one as pre-diabetic. If there was no apparent reason attributable to the past episodes of hypoglycemia after a detailed evaluation by a doctor such as hormonal/ endocrine/ metabolic issues; an evaluation such as basic blood sugar readings/ glucose tolerance test may be advisable at this time. The increased reading of 121 could also be a rebound increase due to low levels and the possibility may need to be considered as well. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a primary care physician or an endocrinologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 26
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
May 25
MH Community Mgr commented on Des_a_rae's status
May 23