Prediabetic?
In the past I have had low blood sugar episodes (sweating, shakes and about to faint). An oral glucose test proved I had a level of 50 after 3 hours.
Today, I went to take a shower and suddenly felt very dizzy, faint, and had a lot of nausea. I had to get out of the shower right away and sit down on a chair. I sat for about 10 minutes and decided to take my blood sugar which was 121 on an empty stomach. I did have orange juice before bedtime last night.
I've had a lot of nausea and tiredness over the last month or so. Lost of appetite and thirsty. I'm always in the bathroom but that is nothing new for me. I know I'm not pregnant. I'm 40 years old, 5'5" and 195 pounds. My mother has diabetes.
Please help.
Hi there!

A single near-diabetic reading is insufficient to label one as pre-diabetic. If there was no apparent reason attributable to the past episodes of hypoglycemia after a detailed evaluation by a doctor such as hormonal/ endocrine/ metabolic issues; an evaluation such as basic blood sugar readings/ glucose tolerance test may be advisable at this time. The increased reading of 121 could also be a rebound increase due to low levels and the possibility may need to be considered as well. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a primary care physician or an endocrinologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!