Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Shakey Hands
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shakey Hands

I have shakey (shaky) hands and they have been for 19 years. They shakey (shaky) all the time. It doesn't matter what I do or don't do my hands always shake. Sometimes they shakey (shaky) more than other times. Like when I am  doing something that I have to use a lot of engery. They also shake when I am doing very little like typing or eating. I have a seven years old son and his hands shake like mine. For him some days or worse than others. He just like me. Some day we both have trouble doing the smallest things like eating. What Causes this?
Related Discussions
Have you had your thyroid checked? I had a co-worker who was a navigator for the Air Force until the same shaking hands symptoms hit him. He was terrified that it was something serious, but it turned out to be an over-active thyroid gland in his case. Both you and your son need to be checked out by your doctor, though. This can also be a symptom of more serious health issues. If your hands (and your son's) shake all the time, this is probably NOT related to blood sugar issues, for hypoglycemia can cause them to shake only when glucose levels drop, and there are other symptoms as well. This does not sound like it is related to blood sugar issues to me since you don't mention fatigue, sweating, chills, confusion, inability to concentrate, headaches, nausea, or any of the other possible symptoms of low blood sugar. I really think you and your son need to get checked by your doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now