Small Vessel disease
I am a long time diabetic and I have small vessel disease in my heart.  My cardiologist seems to think I am fine, but the chest pain is pretty bad.  Does anyone know a facility or doctor that treats SMD and if so where are they located?  i live in Indianapolis IN

Rick Phillips
Those of us who volunteer for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation are not allowed to make doctor or hospital recommendations that might be seen as a JDRF endorsement. That being said, perhaps someone will post who has dealt with this issue in the nearby area. I would suggest that you contact JDRF at www.jdrf.org and ask to be contacted by the local chapter. They can put you in touch with local people who are either type 1 diabetics or are parents of type 1 folks, and you may find the recommendation you are looking for by making one-on-one contact at one of their meetings.