Snacks
Hi everybody, I'm 18 and a college student and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes this past Saturday. I was wondering what everybody reccomended as snacks? I've been having a lot of nuts and seeds, such as peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds,etc.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
i eat unbuttered popcorn, jello, sugar free popcicles, and cheese or ham and i like to roll the ham and cheese up as a little protein free snack
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
18601474 tn?1466191688
Hi lonngislander,

Here’s some advice from the MedHelp website and our Sugar Sense app on diabetes-friendly snacks.
http://www.medhelp.org/diabetes/slideshows/Diabetes-Friendly-Snacks/187

You can find this on the app by going to the home screen, and clicking the menu bar in the upper left corner. Tap Health Guide, then scroll to Eat Right. Scroll down for "4 Diabetes-Friendly Snacks." Hope this helps!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
For snacks I usually go with like salad and things of that nature. If I need a little boost I'll eat dinner peanut butter crackers
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I do wasabi soy almonds! Real good and 28 nuts are only 6g carbs! I also do pears in light syrup it's only like 12g of carbs...I'm quite active during the day so it's a great snack
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Blank
Manila, Philippines
5536886 tn?1455830946
Blank