Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Type 1 Diabetic trying so hard to lose weight and nothing is working......

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Type 1 Diabetic trying so hard to lose weight and nothing is working....someone help?!?!?

I have had type 1 diabetes for 16 years now. I have done EVERYTHING (I feel) imaginable to lose weight and absolutely nothing works. I exercise, I diet, I count my carbs, I am an absolute health nut but I CANNOT lose any weight at all. I am at the point where there is no more hope left. Also, since I have had diabetes for 16 years now, I have developed bumps on my arms and stomach because of the injections. They are so embarrassing and the doctors said there is no way they will go away. So I've become pretty down about that and I have anxiety also. So everything is just piling up and all I want is to lose weight. Also, my endocronologist said my thyroid is perfectly fine so I know that is not the cause of me not losing weight. Can anybody help me?!?! PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I have been type one for 20 years.  I have had issues with my weight also.  I talked to my docs about it in 2008 and was told a lot  of it is based on the amount of insulin.. so the key is to cut it back, They told me to eat lunch dinner etc THEN work out.. this way you can reduce thee insulin need to cover the carbs and types.. It takes a few weeks to really get the numbers right and I recommend to eat the same amount of carbs and do the same work/ time every time.  It worked for me.. I was able to eat around 25 carbs for dinner and not take any insulin to cover it on the 3 days i worked out.   had a lot of highs an lows the first 2-3 weeks.. but after about a month it was easy and had good control over my sugars again while doing this.  I lost 60 pds over 1 year and as my weight went down was actually able to cut back on my over all insulin needs by about 20% for my normal daily usage.