Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Type 1 diabetes and the Navy SEALS

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes and the Navy SEALS

I'm a diabetic with an interest in joining the navy seals. I'm aware that in previous years that this was an automatic disqualification but the most recent post I could find was of 2005 and I was just wondering if anything has changed since then.

Thank you.
just keep exercicing  
just keep exercicing  
Sorry to inform you but it is still an automatic disqualification :(. In 2010 I was told by a recuriter that it was a no go for me. One thing that surprises me is he told me that if I was a Type 2 and on pills he would sign a waiver. Since I am a Type 1 and NEED insulin to survive he couldn't help me. It's sad but any job that puts other people lives at risk we can't do ex: military, pilot, and even some law enforcements. With the law enforcements it's up to that department.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Apr 27
Apr 27
Nighthawk61 commented on senseanonymous 's status
Apr 25