Warm Feet
Please help.
I was diagnosed with pre-diabetic Type 2 in April 05. In May I felt tingling in my feet. In June, after following a low carb diet, my BG's have been well controlled with Fasting BG at 85 - 90, and A1C at 5.8. However, now my feet felt tingling and warm sensation. The feet are at regular temperature, not warm to the touch. Is this peripheral neuropathty? Even the BG is controlled, will the feet symptom get worse? How to get it cured? Anybody have similar symptom?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I am not a physician, but a volunteer mom of a type 1 diabetic and the daughter of a type 2.  What you are describing sounds like the beginning of neuropathy. I would suggest that your talk to your doctor to see what can be done to help.  
I am not sure what type of neuropathy or if there is a cure, but your doctor will be able to help you.

Hi!
ANother volunteer here, also not a medical professional.

I agree with WAK that those symptoms can be a sign of neuropathy, but there are other potential sources for our feet feeling warm.

Depending on your age and your gender, warmness can also be associated with menopause.  If you've pinched a nerve or are significantly out of alignment, you may be getting a warm sensation that can be corrected by manipulation.

Your FBS sounds terrific, as does your a1c, so unless you're experiencing rather major blood sugar excursions that include lots of highs & lows (unlikely in Type 2 and less likely in a pre-diabetic), then with continuing good control you can likely avoid major complications.  Sometimes, as folks begin to gain good control over their BG and lifestyle, they experience transient symptoms.

It's important to report your "warm" pattern to your doctor (an endocrinologist would be best -- they specialize in treating those of us with diseases like DM) so s/he can run tests and help you do all you can to minimize the discomfort, worry, *and* real complications.

Keep up the good work!