Diabetes - Type 1 Community
What have I done
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What have I done

Hello everyone,
I'm a 25year old & I have enjoyed smoking cannabis heavily (ashamedly) since being at university 4 years ago. I'm not diabetic, but after suffering varying symptoms for most of my life, (which have worsened over the years and are now pretty severe) , I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycaemia a year ago. I have only just learnt that smoking cannabis lowers your blood suger levels. I feel so stupid for not realising the two were linked but now (rather obviously) a lot of things make sense & hopefully I can cut it out to help myself.
The thing is, while smoking I always just thought I was too stoned to realise I was going into a hypo & that the desperate munchies were par for the course, or that I was either so stoned that, that is why i felt awful.
I've never really spoken to anybody about the condition or my addiction to smoking it.
I hope I haven't embarrased myself & thankyou for reading