What is the effect of Sinemet on blood sugar levels?
I started taking Sinemet about 3 months ago and my blood sugar levels, insulin resistance are all over the map.  In the morning I fight to get my BSs down and now, in the afternoon, I often have BS crashes into severe hypo territory.  I've been to the emergency twice these past two weeks - a week ago Friday with hyper, ketones and this last Friday with a severe hypo with 5 units still active!!!  Apparently, the Sinemet and Parkinson's mess up the hormone releases in the circadian rhythm, especially norepinephrine and cortisol, both of which increase glucose levels.  
I was able to find this on the warnings- "Sinemet may cause the results of some tests for urine glucose or urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your doctor before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetes medicine."-- but nothing about it causing levels to actually be effected.  Regardless- it's important to be in touch with your doctor about the changes you have seen since starting to take the medication.  It's certainly something that you don't want to over look!