Diabetes - Type 1 Community
What's wrong with me?

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

What's wrong with me?

like my last question, i've been really thirsty, going to the bathroom a lot more often,my pee has a strong sweet smell....like sweet nail polish. but now i have a sore throat! im still dizzy when i stand, and i have nausea. and i have abdominal pain. i've heard that these (except for a sore throat) are signs of diabetic keto-acidosis. Can anyone help me?
Tags: need help
If you think you have diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) you need to go to the ER. This is a possibly life-threatening situation.
can go to an urgent care or does it have to be the ER?
Go to urgent care if that is easier. You need to stop relying on bulletin boards and get seen by medical professionals. DKA is nothing to mess around with.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet