Which pump is the best?
My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 three and a half months ago.  We are hoping she will have a pump in a few more months.  What are your experiences with the different types/brands of pumps?  Is one better than the others?  Her doctor likes the Medrtonic.  Does anyone know anything about this one?  Thank you.  
I am a volunteer and the mom of a type I diabetic.  My daughter has been on a pump for 4 1/2 years she loves her minimed pump.  I like the customer service that we have with them and the reliability.

www.childrenwithdiabetes.com has a link on there website that compares all the different pumps.  I would suggest that you go to that website and each pumps website.  Also check with your insurance and see which ones they cover and which ones they cover the supplies for.  We found out when we switched meters that not all insurances cover all meters and not all insurances cover all the supplies.  

Hope this helps
I use the Deltec Cozmo pump and like it very much. In truth, I don't think there is much of difference among any of the pumps. Your doctor is probably recommending Medtronic because it is by far the most commonly used pump, not because there is any really advantage to it over another one.

I had a test program whereby I could try out three different meters for a couple of months to see which I liked best. Perhaps there is a group that does the same in your area. Don't be afraid to contact each of the different companies about trying things out. It may not be offered, but keep in mind that in addition to the $5000 or so price of the pump, you will be spending another $1500 a year in pump supplies. Companies want your business. Don't be afraid to negotiate with them.
*correction

three different PUMPS, not three different METERS
Hi my name is Brad, I am 18 and was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes a month ago. A week or two ago I met with my doctor and he said that I should consider pump therapy. He told me about Medtronics Minimed. I decided to conduct my own research on the issue of what pump is best for me. After a few days I have come to the conclusion that Deltec and Animas are the most tailored to my lifestyle. Also these two pumps receive much higher of a rating by patients than Minimed (HSBC http://www.research.hsbc.com/midas/Res/RDV?p=pdf&key=y8f6w0euwd&name=121747.PDF). Two feature that I like about these two pumps is that they both contain a customizable food/carb dictionary and are both waterproof.