Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Why do I sweat allot and feel hot after I eat

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

I have these problem ever since starting insulin in that when I eat and sit down to watch TV I start to feel hot and sweat allot and we do have our A/C on in the house at 73 degree's.  Also before starting insulin and even now I have frequent urination and accoridng to my monitor I have kept my blood sugar down to almost normal and my numbers are real good accordingly to the doctor and the diabetes educator.  I do not have increased thirst and that part of the matter has decreased quite rapidly after taking insulin and I do not drink allot of liquids as I use to in the past.  My A1c was at first 13.48 which is down to 9.4 and that is on a eight week period.  They seem to think that is the diabetes eductors and doctor that in a month I should be well in the normal range and below 6.  I am on Novolog taking 12 Units five to ten minutes before eating and 36 Units of Lantus as the 24 Hour Basal around at 11PM each night.  I will be switching to Levemir once I finish up with the Lantus because those lantus auto pens are defective and brake down allot.  I will have the Levemir Flex Pen which is just like the Novolog Flex Pen and less problems and more dosage accurate.  I will continue my Levemir Dosage as the same as I presently have with Lantus at 36 Units every night.  I am just concerned with the sweating and the out of control urination and I have reported the frequent urination to my doctor but he doesn't do anything about it as of yet.  
Tags: Levemir
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
6 mins ago
Tuckamore commented on photo
22 mins ago
specialmom commented on photo
Aug 29