Worried
I'm 5 weeks pregnant but my sugars for the last 5 weeks have not been great, average at 14! I'm tryin my best to bring them down my basal rates have increased and my corrections are massive compared to the norm. I will get it right my main concern is obv babys health I feel so guilty and helpless av I already done som damage! My last hba1c was 6.6. Feedback from any1 in similar boat would be greatx
Hello, in pregnancy insulin rates change rapidly.  This is normal you have to increase basals and correct agressively, with lots of checking, as insulin requirements go up and down.  To help cotnrol the blood sugar I would recommend you avoid all refined carbs and sweet foods, including fruits.  Get your carbs from nonstarchy veges and eat plenty of proteins and fat.\

Also work closely with your  medical team.

I used low carb throughout my pregtnancy to at least make my insulin more predicable though the dose went up dramatically.  My baby was born perfectly healthy.

Best wishes