Worried
I'm 5 weeks pregnant but my sugars for the last 5 weeks have not been great, average at 14! I'm tryin my best to bring them down my basal rates have increased and my corrections are massive compared to the norm. I will get it right my main concern is obv babys health I feel so guilty and helpless av I already done som damage! My last hba1c was 6.6. Feedback from any1 in similar boat would be greatx
Hi there!

Pregnancy can cause elevated sugar levels which might require diet modification and adjustment in insulin dose for adequate control. Also since the basic diet increases with pregnancy, insulin dose adjustment is required in most cases. Also exercise should be an important part of lifestyle during pregnancy (unless specifically contraindicated) for adequate sugar control. I would suggest discussing with your treating doctor regarding the modification in diet and insulin that may be required, at your earliest convenience.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
In march I was pregnant with my first child and I am also diabetic. My blood sugar were also all over the chart hawever my a1c was around 7.9. In april I had a natural miscarriage and ended up in the hospital, critical care, with ketones. However when I was pregnant I would set alarms on my pump every two hours to check my bg which is why I think my a1c became better. So deffinetly set alarms hopefully I helped and didn't scare you any.