Aa
A
A
Close
Yeast Infections and Diabetes
I am a type 1 diabetic and was given a 3 day thrush treatment from my Dr. This is the first time I have had thrush that I have had to go to the Dr to seek a Dr advice because it is extremely itchy and red on my vagina and on my inner thighs. The medication has been working, although slowly, but I am now concerned that the redness is not going away. Its been 1 week. How long should I wait before the redness goes away until I go back to the Dr since I am diabetic? Im also susceptible in hyper-pigmentation after cuts and grazes, mostly because they dont heal at normal speed and worried that my skin will turn darker in these areas the longer it is there. Can any one offer any advice? Thank you. Just a little concerned.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sounds like you still have it. I would contact your doctor and ask for another treatment.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
231441 tn?1333896366
Hi,
thrush can be challenging to treat sometimes.  As mentioned below, you may need additional treatment from your Dr.
To help prevent thrush, it will be recommended to keep good control of your blood sugars; ideally in the range of 70 - 140, if you can.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Blank