Yeast Infections and Diabetes
I am a type 1 diabetic and was given a 3 day thrush treatment from my Dr. This is the first time I have had thrush that I have had to go to the Dr to seek a Dr advice because it is extremely itchy and red on my vagina and on my inner thighs. The medication has been working, although slowly, but I am now concerned that the redness is not going away. Its been 1 week. How long should I wait before the redness goes away until I go back to the Dr since I am diabetic? Im also susceptible in hyper-pigmentation after cuts and grazes, mostly because they dont heal at normal speed and worried that my skin will turn darker in these areas the longer it is there. Can any one offer any advice? Thank you. Just a little concerned.
Sounds like you still have it. I would contact your doctor and ask for another treatment.
thrush can be challenging to treat sometimes.  As mentioned below, you may need additional treatment from your Dr.
To help prevent thrush, it will be recommended to keep good control of your blood sugars; ideally in the range of 70 - 140, if you can.