Diabetes - Type 1 Community
a type I coming soon?

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

a type I coming soon?

Hi All,
my fasting glucose level has been around 98-99 for a few recent months, though postprandial level never been above 125. My doctor made a notion that it is too high for my physique. I'm 37 yrs,  5'6'' , 142 lb, male.

I made a blood work and my fasting insulin was 5 and c-peptide level was 1.4.
My testosterone level is also low.

Does it mean that I'm in the honeymoon phase and I'll develop a real type I soon?

Thanks,
I'm completely confused by your post! What do you mean about being in the honeymoon phase and developing a "real type 1"?? Honeymoon phase is when you have already been diagnosed but still produce significant insulin. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? I don't imagine so. Anything under 100 fasting is considered normal. If he is somewhat concerned that you are close to 100 that would still only diagnose you as pre-diabetes and probably type 2. Type 1 is a quick onset of VERY high blood sugars. Why are you concerned about being type 1 diabetic??
Zoelula
thanks for your post.
My question was if my insulin and c-peptide level together with fasting BG could indicate a pre-diabetes or beginning of Type I? I felt somewhat fatigued in the past.

thanks
The determination for fasting blood sugar in the diabetic range is 100 for pre-diabetes and 126 for diabetes. Again, Type 1 is very sudden onset, a slow progression to pre-diabetes levels would indicate type 2. Blood sugar is not related to height and weight.
Just one other thought. I noticed your C Peptide is on the low side. The other possibility is that you are LADA/1.5 as I am. This is often misdiagnosed as Type 2 because it is slower onset than traditional Type1. But again, below 100 does not indicate pre-diabetes or diabetes.