Diabetes - Type 1 Community
a type I coming soon?

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

a type I coming soon?

Hi All,
my fasting glucose level has been around 98-99 for a few recent months, though postprandial level never been above 125. My doctor made a notion that it is too high for my physique. I'm 37 yrs,  5'6'' , 142 lb, male.

I made a blood work and my fasting insulin was 5 and c-peptide level was 1.4.
My testosterone level is also low.

Does it mean that I'm in the honeymoon phase and I'll develop a real type I soon?

Thanks,
I'm completely confused by your post! What do you mean about being in the honeymoon phase and developing a "real type 1"?? Honeymoon phase is when you have already been diagnosed but still produce significant insulin. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? I don't imagine so. Anything under 100 fasting is considered normal. If he is somewhat concerned that you are close to 100 that would still only diagnose you as pre-diabetes and probably type 2. Type 1 is a quick onset of VERY high blood sugars. Why are you concerned about being type 1 diabetic??
Zoelula
thanks for your post.
My question was if my insulin and c-peptide level together with fasting BG could indicate a pre-diabetes or beginning of Type I? I felt somewhat fatigued in the past.

thanks
The determination for fasting blood sugar in the diabetic range is 100 for pre-diabetes and 126 for diabetes. Again, Type 1 is very sudden onset, a slow progression to pre-diabetes levels would indicate type 2. Blood sugar is not related to height and weight.
Just one other thought. I noticed your C Peptide is on the low side. The other possibility is that you are LADA/1.5 as I am. This is often misdiagnosed as Type 2 because it is slower onset than traditional Type1. But again, below 100 does not indicate pre-diabetes or diabetes.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
kenv is ... Comment
Feb 20
Super_sally888 Welcome 2015 Comment
Jan 26
jemma116 commented on photo
Jan 25