Diabetes - Type 1 Community
at home A1C3 testing available?

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

at home A1C3 testing available?

I thought I heard someone mention that a kit to do at-home A1C3 tests are now available from stores like Walgreens.  Can anyone confirm? I did a google search and didn't come up with anything relevant and I searched the Walgreens online store and didn't see anything under diabetic supplies.   Not that I would use such an at-home test to replace going to the doctor and having it done, but it would be nice I think to have.  If anyone can supply an online link that'd be super! I"m in France now and haven't seen such an at-home test kit here before, so I'd like my mom to bring me one from the US on her next visit.  Thanks!
Avatar n tn
If you do a Google search on 'home a1c test' you will find a number of sites that mention home testing as well as some specific manufacturers. But you need to be aware that accuracy is a real problem with some of these home kits. The results seem to vary a lot. And I don't know how available they are. I suggest that you do some more Googling and read about pros and cons of several manufacturers before you ask your mom to do some shopping. If you decide to do this, you may be able to purchase online.

I am not personally aware of any home kits, nor do I know of anyone who has used one. If any readers have used them, feel free to post your comments.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr is excited that she already... Comment
senseanonymous  commented on photo
Jun 28