at home A1C3 testing available?

I thought I heard someone mention that a kit to do at-home A1C3 tests are now available from stores like Walgreens.  Can anyone confirm? I did a google search and didn't come up with anything relevant and I searched the Walgreens online store and didn't see anything under diabetic supplies.   Not that I would use such an at-home test to replace going to the doctor and having it done, but it would be nice I think to have.  If anyone can supply an online link that'd be super! I"m in France now and haven't seen such an at-home test kit here before, so I'd like my mom to bring me one from the US on her next visit.  Thanks!
If you do a Google search on 'home a1c test' you will find a number of sites that mention home testing as well as some specific manufacturers. But you need to be aware that accuracy is a real problem with some of these home kits. The results seem to vary a lot. And I don't know how available they are. I suggest that you do some more Googling and read about pros and cons of several manufacturers before you ask your mom to do some shopping. If you decide to do this, you may be able to purchase online.

I am not personally aware of any home kits, nor do I know of anyone who has used one. If any readers have used them, feel free to post your comments.