Diabetes - Type 1 Community
diabetes & first menstration

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

diabetes & first menstration

Does diabetes cause a girls first menstration to start at a later age?
Hi! For me being type 1 and what my doctor had told me, it did affect what age I got mine. I was 18 until I stated to menstruate. I don't know if that means it's the same for everyone but also being diabetic it even takes longer to heal for things. Ex: a bruise, a cut etc.  
Avatar n tn
Hey! I have a question for you. I know you probably get asked this a LOT, but what if you have simptoms of type 1 diabetes, but NONE of your family has it? I'm a 15 year old girl, and I have been REALLY thirsty at night, and get up about 10x to get a drink when I'm in bed. My younger sister starter her cycle before I did, and she was like, 11... and I was 15, (but I had to get medicine, so I really didn't start on my own). I've had a misquito bite on my arm, and it hasn't gone away, but ti's been 5 weeks! I get mood swings, and am tired sometimes, but I'm usually hyper. I've lost some weight in the past couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned about or not. What do you think?
Jessy, I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 17 months old. My sister, younger than me got her period first when she was 11. I got it when I was13. I never though about a connection with diabetes but now that you mention need, thre might be a connection.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
45 mins ago
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Aug 25
Nighthawk61 commented on Nighthawk61's status
Aug 10