Diabetes - Type 1 Community
diabetes and stretch marks

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

diabetes and stretch marks

My daughter is 15 and has had type 1 diabetes at the age of 2.She has had very bad periods so now she is on the depo shot. And for the last year her breast are really growing and she has stretch marks all over them dark pink and purple lines.Every week there is more and more. And now there are on her thighs and getting worse. She is so embarresed she wont where a bathing suit or a shirt that will show some of the top of her cheast. Also her hair is falling out and is very tired no energy. She weighs 125 pd  and is 5" tall. She has bad anixity and depression. I just don't  know what to do or make her feel better about herself.
Has she gained a lot of weight recently? I think this can happen with birth-control pills. Hence stretch marks. Because she has complicated health issues it is difficult for anyone on the forum to offer advice. I do feel sorry for her. Just being in puberty is enough of a problem. Why not talk with her doctor and find out if she can safely be taken off the pills. Getting fat will add to her lack of self esteem.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Nighthawk61 commented on Nighthawk61's status
Aug 10
Nighthawk61 commented on Guest1992's status
Aug 08