Diabetes - Type 1 Community
diabetes

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

diabetes

My son is 11 years old and he has not been diagnosed with diabetes. his grandpa has diabetes and this past weekend he stayed with them, his grandpa was checking his sugar and he checked my sons also it was 158.is this normal. he had also just ate cereal 30 minutes before.  
It's not impossible for the cereal to raise his blood sugar that high, but it isn't typical. Usually non-diabetics stay under 120. It might bear having an A1C test done by his doctor to see the average blood sugars for a couple months.
Your son is prone to type 2 diabetes but unless very weird stuff starts to happen I wouldn't worry about him getting type 1.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet