food and diabetes
My doughter Carlotta has 12 yr old, she was diagnostic 6 yr ago, until now she had a good controll of her glicemia. one month ago she start to have some problem with the food, she decided not to eat meat anymore, and after that she start to eat only tomate, salad and tuna. Of course she had a LOT of ipoglicemia. we decrese the basal and sensitivity factor of the insulin pump,but still, of course, she has lows!!
I try to explane to her,that is not the correct way to loose waight,(she is 1,58 for 42 kg,just perfect, not need to lose anything), I try to understood what is wrong... but nothing is working.
There is anybody that can help me to help her?
Hi, my daughter is nearly 12, an d been diabetic for 10 years, this year she  has also decided not to eat meat , not to loose weight but as a morral thing. I can understand your concern with her wanting to loose weight at such a young age. But the beauty of the pump is it allows you to eat what you want, as you bolous for all your food intake, so the hypos she's having are probably not related to her not eating much, the basal and the sensitivity rates don't have anything to do with food intake. If she's had good controll up to now it might be her age,that is affecting her blood sugar, as lots of changes are happining  to her body( the dreaded puberty ) my daughters' blood sugar is very irratic at present and it is worrying, but I don't have the added worry of her wanting to loose weight (at the moment anyway) Body image starts to become important at this age and all logic and reason gets lost. I have no experience of this problemso can offer no advice. perhaps others on this site can help or maybe if the problem continues seek proffessional advice. I hope you and your daughter get  the answers your looking for. good luck
                                                  chrissie