Diabetes - Type 1 Community
getting pregnant

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

getting pregnant

My hba1c was 7.6 and I managed to drop it to 6.9. I am diabetic for past 4 years . Can I get pregnant in this situation ?
Congratulations on reducing your Hba1c.  Keep up the good work.

You will need to ask your Doctor this question, and hopefully also work with a team of diabetes educators so you can have a healthy and successful pregnancy.

I know that medical personnel want blood sugar to be as close to normal as possible prior to pregnancy.  Definitely this is less than Hba1c = 7.0 and ideally it will be hba1c in the 5 - 6 range.

Are you eating lower carb?  this will also help in managing blood sugars.  I can recommend the book Diabetes Solutions by Dr. Richard Bernstein.  He has lots of great information that can be helpful to managing diabetes.  Type1Grit also has heaps of great low carb recipes.

Have you done basal-bolus testing to make sure your insulin doses are ideal?  

Best wishes.  You can do this!
Avatar n tn
You need to discuss it with your Endo and OBGYN. They will tell you. I got pregnant with my 2nd child with an A1c of 7.7. We got my A1c to 5.0 in a month. Anything is possible so talk to your doctors and keep up the hard work! You are doing awesome!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet