Diabetes - Type 1 Community
help i need answers

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

help i need answers

I have had type one diabetes for 8 months I quit taking my Insulin for two months now I use meth everyday and watch my diet and my blood sugar stays between 100 and 130 does the method act as an Insulin because when I was taking my Insulin and using meth sometimes my blood sugar would go way low and I don't have a problem with it going to low it gets too high I know this sounds stupid but its doing something
Not gonna be judgemental or anything but thats a good recipe for death...
Hi there. Meth as in methamphetamine? No doubt you can speed up your death like that. Have you tried metformin?
Please take ur insulin and at least try to check ur sugar at bedtime nd in the am, diabetes can and will kill u if u dnt control it, plus the meth realli wears and tears on yur body.
Back in 1986 I met fellow diabetic Roger. He had a horrible Crystal Meth problem at 21 yrs old and at first had results like yours while on cm. it didn't always work for him so his insulin was spotty dosage at best. One day I got a call Roger was in the hospital with a diabetic / crystal meth stroke. He never walked again, has very slurry speech and is half a vegetable wearing diapers. Also I know 36 yr old Mary who is in the nursing home also. She liked weed and extacy a lot and her mind is clear but no legs below the knee and sores everywhere plus eye problems. I've been type 1 since 1985 and gave up all sins except the occasional cig, and am now 53 with 0 complications. The choice is yours, take your diabetes seriously and learn how to manage it the right way before that one day the lightning bolt strikes and you end up in the same place as Roger or Mary.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Dalubaba commented on 5+years facing my unk...
kenv is ... Comment
Feb 20
Super_sally888 Welcome 2015 Comment
Jan 26