Diabetes - Type 1 Community
how to get Insulin in New Zealand

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

how to get Insulin in New Zealand

Hey i have been told by the Dr that i might be developing type 1 diabetes... do i need a script in New Zealand to get insulin, or can i get it over the counter?? i want to get some just in case anything happens, and it will give my mum some comfort as well, but the Dr said to just wait and see what it turns into because it might not be diabetes... i am very confused at the moment and very very concerned about this as someone in my family (although they were very extended) died of diabetes. I just want to be safe rather than sorry and have to rush off to the emergency room and also it would give me some peace of mind that if something did happen i wouldnt have all my friends and family freaking out about me. Oh and if i can get it over the counter, what should i ask for and what cost am i looking at?
Cost depends on inssurance.. And for me (in America) I get Novalog. BUT DO NOT INJECT YOURSELF WITHOUT TALKING TO A DOCTOR.. THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet