i need help
i wanted to know if it is possible for people with diabetes type 2 can do the islet transplantation?and how much does it coast?i have diabetes type 2 and im so desprate to do the islet transplantation....thank you
Islet transplanting is still experimental and I am not aware of it being done on people with type 2 diabetes. This is being researched as a possibility for  type 1 diabetes because the islet cells in these people have been destroyed by their own immune systems. In type 2 diabetes, those islet cells are still working, so this kind of treatment more than likely would not be the cure -- type 2 people don't need to replace islet cells but instead need to treat their bodies' resistance to the insulin that they make.
I got type 1 diabetes when I was 10 years old. My husband has type 1 diabetes also. My sisters daughter (my niece) got type 1 diabetes when she was 3 and a half. We have three young children of 5,6 and 7 years. Sadly my eldest son got type 1 diabetes when he was 2 and a half. I had been doing some random blood sugar tests on my youngest son who is 5 years old and his readings were coming up as 8.8,9.6,10.7,10.3 and 11.3. However some days they can be completely normal between 4 and 6mmols. His HbA1C was 6.2mmols and we are now waiting for results of a antibody test.Is he likely to be in the early stages of developing diabetes and could it possibly be down to genetics?