Diabetes - Type 1 Community
i need help

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

i need help

i wanted to know if it is possible for people with diabetes type 2 can do the islet transplantation?and how much does it coast?i have diabetes type 2 and im so desprate to do the islet transplantation....thank you
Islet transplanting is still experimental and I am not aware of it being done on people with type 2 diabetes. This is being researched as a possibility for  type 1 diabetes because the islet cells in these people have been destroyed by their own immune systems. In type 2 diabetes, those islet cells are still working, so this kind of treatment more than likely would not be the cure -- type 2 people don't need to replace islet cells but instead need to treat their bodies' resistance to the insulin that they make.
I got type 1 diabetes when I was 10 years old. My husband has type 1 diabetes also. My sisters daughter (my niece) got type 1 diabetes when she was 3 and a half. We have three young children of 5,6 and 7 years. Sadly my eldest son got type 1 diabetes when he was 2 and a half. I had been doing some random blood sugar tests on my youngest son who is 5 years old and his readings were coming up as 8.8,9.6,10.7,10.3 and 11.3. However some days they can be completely normal between 4 and 6mmols. His HbA1C was 6.2mmols and we are now waiting for results of a antibody test.Is he likely to be in the early stages of developing diabetes and could it possibly be down to genetics?
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet