Diabetes - Type 1 Community
mucles cramping in feet when laying down

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

For the last five or six night's I notice that when it is bedtime, go to bed in about anywhere to five to ten minutes bottom of my foot start's to cramp in the middle.  It feels like my toes are curling inside the middle, then my legs are flopping like a fish can't get comfortable and up I go...annoying I am miserable any suggestions. Thanks
You need more potassium, try bananas
If you are female and wear high-heels, you may be having muscle cramps when you finally have a chance to take the shoes off and relax.  Your bs may be running too high and you are becoming dehydrated.  Fast and easiest first step may be to just add more water throughout the day.  If that doesn't work, try adding a low-dose of magnesium when you take your evening medicines.  This is the one that helps me.  Magnesium is one of the vitamins that is hard for our bodies to absorb so adding a low dietary supplement is not likely to hurt you.  To be safe though, you should get your blood work done and find out what is really going on.  A behind-the-counter option would be cumadine (sp?).  I use to use that one in my teenage years.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
dontworry_behappy1 commented on photo
Dalubaba commented on Brain Fog ..the cause...
dontworry_behappy1 commented on jules2551's status
Apr 17