Diabetes - Type 1 Community
my ten year old is positive for all three antibodies...

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have a 6 year daughter that was diagnosed in Dec. with type 1. Now my 10 year old dd has just tested positive for all three antibodies that cause T1. Does this mean she will most likely develope T1?
Hi! What do you mean caused by antibodies? Type 1 happens when the body's pancreas stops producing insulin completely. That's why we are on insulin injections/pump. Did your 10 yr old have 2 blood sugar fastings and an A1C test to tell whether she is a diabetic? The blood tests too can tell you if their pancreas is producing any insulin or not. In my time, I was diagnosed because it ran on my mom's side. This still holds true. Hereditary, t-1. I hope she doesn't have it. We do and can live normal lives. We just have to take a little better care of ourselves and are better for doing so. I am a t-1 for 49 yrs now. My A1C (tells how one is doing for the past 3 months) is 6.5 Take care.
How come no one is answering my question?
How can one answer when you need to explain yourself with the antibodies you are talking about?  The cause is the pancreas that stops functioning in releasing insulin into our body that breaks down the food we eat.

What are the 3 antibodies?
The antibodies are GAD 65 the not positive level is 0.032 she tested at 0.052
Islet Cell not positive level is 0.049 she tested at 0.944
MIAA not positive level is 0.01 she tested 0.012

Because she tested positive for the antibodies she is now in phase 2 of the study. From what I have read if you test positive for these antibodies your beta cells are already being destroyed.
As I said earlier, just keep a track of her blood sugars. That is a good way to see how she is doing.  Once Diabetes has struck there is no getting rid of it.  I realize you are taking every precaution.
Yes, I understand about the antibodies you are talking about.  There is a higher chance that your daughter will get diabetes.  I had this test done to one of my daughters who doesn't have it because my 10 year old has it.  She tested negative but you never know.  Was this test called a Tigre Test?  Hope this helps!!!
Anybody else know anything about the antibodies that cause diabetes?
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet