Diabetes - Type 1 Community
needle problems

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

needle problems

Im having trouble with my insulin shot needles......sometimes when its time to give myswelf insulin, i try and put my needle into my skin but..my skin seems weird and the needle cant go in. and also while taking it out the skin gets stuck on the needle and comes up with it....help me please? this is freaking me out :/

-Sandra
This may be occuring if you are giving your shot in the same area over a long period of time.  I had this in my upper abdomen and had to stop for a year giving shots in this area as I too either could not even get the needle to go in, my insulin did not seem to work or the needle had trouble coming out.

If you give your shot in the same area, you develop some kind of deposits under the skin and this is what is blocking your needle so you need to stay away from those area for a while.

Hope that helped.

Jodi