Diabetes - Type 1 Community
needle problems

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

needle problems

Im having trouble with my insulin shot needles......sometimes when its time to give myswelf insulin, i try and put my needle into my skin but..my skin seems weird and the needle cant go in. and also while taking it out the skin gets stuck on the needle and comes up with it....help me please? this is freaking me out :/

-Sandra
This may be occuring if you are giving your shot in the same area over a long period of time.  I had this in my upper abdomen and had to stop for a year giving shots in this area as I too either could not even get the needle to go in, my insulin did not seem to work or the needle had trouble coming out.

If you give your shot in the same area, you develop some kind of deposits under the skin and this is what is blocking your needle so you need to stay away from those area for a while.

Hope that helped.

Jodi
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 26
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
May 25
MH Community Mgr is enjoying warm weather th... Comment
May 23