Diabetes - Type 1 Community
no wieght loss and no wieght gain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no wieght loss and no wieght gain?

My question is, how come i cant gain any wieght and im not lossing any weight either. im 17 im very active in my free time i dont drink, i smoke marijuana but other then that i keep up with my diabetes testing, and recently i just got the pump (which i love it so far) i only wiegh around 120 which is way to low for my age and for some reason i can not gain any wieght, i have been on a high carb diet for almost a year now and nothing has worked, i cant explain it. if anyone knows something i dont please inform me. i kno smokeing increases ur metablosim but i quit for a couple months and still did not gain any wieght and all the doctor can say is stick with ur hight carb diet.
Related Discussions
Hello golfer06,

I would love to help you, but I noticed you said you were 17.

For legal reasons we cannot post an Answer to questions to those who are under 18 on this message board. However, try the JDRF Online Diabetes Support Team and ask your Question there.  

Visit http://www.jdrf.org and look in the Center column near the Bottom.  Click on the link labeled
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now