pancreas transplant
i am currently looking into a pancreas transplant alone  i am currently 44 years old and am diabetic for 34 years  i don't have
any real problems and am on a pump  i just would like to have this transplant   i'm searching for any information on such a transplant   i'd especially like to speak to people that have had one both successful and rejections  any information will be greatly appreciated
You'll likely get more info on the transplant protocols, but from what I remember of what I've read, because of the risks involved with the surgery, the subsequent needs for significant doses of anti-rejection meds (immunosuppresants) that can leave folks vulnerable to a host of other nasty things, transplants are often not done/recommended for otherwise healthy diabetics.

I can sure relate to just plain being tired of having diabetes.  I've had it for ~35 years, too.

Can you envision other ways, other types of help, other things that might bring you some relief if a transplant isn't in the cards for you?
I am not a physician but the mom of a diabetic child.  I would suggest checking out the links above in reference to islet transplants.  I have met several people recently that have had this procedure. It is very experimental and you need to take anti rejection drugs. The qualifications for the procedure are strict you must be in very poor control. One-person air met was on a first name basis with the EMT and had car accident from severe low BS.  I would also check out the National health institute website for more information.

Good luck.
Gbabe,
Glad we have been of help. It occurred to me that there's another good resource for you to tap into, and it's especially helpful for those who are ready for some personal 1:1 email or phone conversations with experienced diabetics.

Visit the www.JDRF.org website and look for the Online Diabetes Support Team (ODST) links. Unlike this very public forum, the ODST specializes in finding more personal, often local connections between diabetics and JDRF volunteers. To participate in the ODST, folks supply just a enough info to allow someone to contact them. In your case, they'll strive to find a volunteer with transplant experiences. That site gets rave reviews from "newbies" and "experienced" diabetics alike.

Check it out, and ... keep taking good care of you.