Diabetes - Type 1 Community
pump on a temporary, trial basis

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pump on a temporary, trial basis

Hi. Anyone know how to get a free trial (even just a week) of a pump?  Doc's say pump co., and pump co. says docs.  My son is autistic also, 13 now, eats like a hog, does NOT understand concept of certain times & amounts to eat, so we literally wrestle over food, then he sneaks it, & he's always high, cuz you can only give shots so often,
and he fights me on the shots now, too.  (tried Lantus 4 or 5X--does not work for him.)  I'm afraid he would rip wires
out of pump, etc--but it may be his only saving grace at this point--he is used to seeing his big brother with his pump, which he knows means no shots, so we really need a TRIAL basis.
Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks.
Hi there!

Well, it is usually the manufacturer/ pump co that usually come up with schemes such as free trials and doctors are usually made aware of it. My advice would be to keep both in loop, if either of them happen to be aware of such as situation being available. It might also be a good idea to talk to different manufacturers if they have an upcoming event.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet