retinal screening - blood vessels
hi, i am 18 years old and type 1 diabetic. i have been for my retinal screening today and have been told that i have blood vessels growing in my eyes and about them being fragile and everything, ive been referred to the eye clinic for sometime in the next two weeks but i am panicking and worried about it now, does anybody know what they will do when i go to the eye clinic and what they usually do about the blood vessels?
Hi there!

Well, management of diabetic opthalmopathy would depend on the stage on the condition aside location of the blood vessels. While most early cases would just require a regular follow-up, advanced cases may require laser assisted surgery. It would be best to discuss the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating ophthalmologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hello! I'm 28 and diabetic since I was 12 and my eyes is my number 1 worry. I have an early stage cataract so I have the retinal screening twice a year. I have a few blood vessels too, but the only way to make them stop growing is to take care of your diabetes and never let the sugar blood goes up too much! That's what my doctor always says.... and if the situation gets worse, there's the laser surgery option, but I rather not wait to get to this point....
Hope you get better! =)