Diabetes - Type 1 Community
sugar addiction

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

sugar addiction

What can I do to get ride of the desire of sugar?
Hi, i was just recently diagnosed and i know exactly what your feeling. Ive found that 1. just not eating it and 2. substitutes work great for things like tea, jello, pudding and the likes, but the most important thing is that you realize that you cant have that much of it. After a time of not having that much you will loose the desire. I know its hard, but its better for your eyes, your legs, your toes, your health in the long run.
Hi, I am diagnosed too, but I know how you feel. Sugar-free substitutes help, but do not have too much.  Try lower sugar foods. You will find something that works! You just have to remember that in the long run, it will help alot!
Iv found that simply switching my regular soda to coke zero or diet dr pepper (the best diet sodas Iv found), I honestly don't crave sugars anymore. Its been 3 weeks and I feel much better. The first week was soooo hard! I craved pepsi like a mad-woman. My husband is just as bad about soda as I was. We kinda helped each other and now weve both dropped about 5 pounds and dont crave all the bad crap like we used to. Iv still got a loooooong ways to go (70lbs), and this is a step in the right direction. GOOD LUCK!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
dontworry_behappy1 commented on dontworry_behappy1's status
dontworry_behappy1 .....is rounding up the cows. Comment
May 21
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
May 20