sugar in urin
today my 3 year old son had a physical for headstart and he had to pee in a cup! well they tested his urin and there was a large amount of sugar in his urin so they did a blood test and tested him for sugar and it was 78. she told me to watch for him to be drinking like a fish well he always drink's like a fish are there any other signs i should be looking for? Diabetes run in my family i don't have it though but i know i need to keep a look out for it. so if there are any other signs please let me know.
Hi, I'm not a medical professional, just the parent of a kid with diabetes.  Symptoms of diabetes are listed here:

http://www.****.org/index.cfm?page_id=103498

Most common symptoms are frequent urination, extreme and constant thirst, unexplained weight loss, increased appetite, and being very tired.  

There are several things which can cause sugar in the urine, diabetes is only one.  I am not familiar with all of them, but I do know that a main one is kidney problems.  It might be wise to check with your doctor about testing for kidney problems to help determine why the sugar was present, as well as to help ease your concerns.  Good luck.