symptoms of my 4 year old
I am concerned about my 4 year old son and some complaints he has been having over recent months. We have established that he has mild(ish) hearing loss and are awaiting final results and direction. Aside from this, he is extremely tense on the right of his skull (the main hearing loss side), which has transferred down his neck, shoulders and back. I am taking him to a child cranial osteopath for muscle relief. The Osteo says his muscles are very tight down right side, but structurally his body is perfect.
Aside from the hearing issue, he is complaining of severe stomach pains and recently, eye pain. He gets very thirsty and drinks twice level of his twin; apple juice and water. He is pale with grey under the eyes and tires very quickly after bursts of energy. He eats a good cross diet - wholegrain, pasta, juices, fruit, nuts, dried fruit, vegetables, fish, meat and takes multi-vit daily. He sleeps 12 hrs per night. He was 6 weeks premature. He is  becoming difficult socially.
He grows well and is a good weight. Help!  Are these things I should worry about?
my answer came in like a comment--sorry,I am the volunteer for today
I think you should have some bloodwork done.  You will not know if he has diabetes unless a fasting glucose test is performed. Some of the things you have mentioned do sound like they might be symptoms of diabetes, but you won't know for sure unless you have him tested.  Some signs of diabetes are excessive almost unquenchable thirst, frequent urination. lethargy and mood swings.
Although I must tell you I have a four year old who sometimes sleeps 12 hours, drinks alot rather than eat and can be moody and difficult--all part of being a four year old.  So it is good you are a concerned parent, and notice changes in your child's health.  
Thanks for the comments. Yes 4 year olds are a challenge and with 2 of them, it gets a bit frantic at times. I have learned to trust my instincts with things are different. He has a clinic check next week so will request blood work. It is difficult to guage sometimes whether they/he is just being difficult because he just doesn't want to do something or it is real. The hearing loss situation is causing him pain and confusion also.
My 4yo son talks very loud at times, should I take him to a audiologist..???  he pass his hearing test at birth. He is very smart, no speech and development problem, He is at pre-school and doing just fine.
I have a 4 year old son.  He picks water to drink over everything else.  He is like craves water to drink.  He urinates alot he can go to the bathroom before he goes to bed but still has an accadent in the bed.  He can be smiling and then all of the sudden bemad at the world.  My mom has diadetes and it runs on bothesides for the family real bad.