type 1 pregnancy
I have had type 1 for 11 yrs now and I am 22. I just found out I am pregnant.we didn't plan to get pregnant until October.( one year of my a1c being in range). But it was sooner then expected. My a1c was 8.6 last month,and lately I have been very congested and have had sinus problems so ive been sick,and my blood sugars have been up and down.ive been trying to cut sugars and eat healthy and.not eat out.any notes that I need to take on being pregnant for the first time with diabetes? Or any pointers would be much appreciated.
First relax. Being pregnant will be a very special time of your life. Cutting sugar and eating healthy is the most important. If you have any infection in your body it will make your A1C go up and down. You need a antibiotic to get rid of your sinus infection and your sugar will calm down. The baby will take what it needs just take care of yourself. Get on a low sodium diet and low carb diet but feed you and the baby sensibly.  
Congratulations!  I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 4, have been on an insulin pump since I was 16, & gave birth to a perfectly healthy girl at the age of 25.  It can be done, but it takes a lot of hard work on your part along with a great medical team.  I worked with my normal OBGYN who referred me to see a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist & Dietitian.  The best way to explain my medical care during my pregnancy is that my OB took care of me & my MFMS was responsible for making sure I was taking care of my baby.  I  checked my bloodsugar at least 10 times a day!  I checked it when I woke up, before every meal, 2 hours after every meal, at bedtime, at 3am & any time I felt the need to!  I had to keep a log book of every morsel of food that I ate or drank along with my bloodsugars.  I provided those to my MFMS weekly & she helped me to identify foods that would cause bloodsugar spikes & I tried to stay away from them. (I went 6 months without Chinese food!!!)  I actually lost weight during my pregnancy because I was so healthy & ended up only gaining 11 pounds during my pregnancy & had an 8 pound baby!  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy, but it is SO worth it.  In the end, I started to have some low bloodsugars which was highly unusual & my MFMS said it was because my placenta was aging.  I had an amniocentesis to ensure my daughters lungs were mature & she was born at 37 weeks 5 days.  All of the hard work during my pregnancy paid off!  She was 8 pounds even, 21 inches long, & never spent a moment in the NICU.  You CAN do this!  I'll be praying for you!
Research has shown that having an A1c above 7.5% at the time of conception and in the early phases of pregnancy puts your child at an increased risk of developmental defects, so you will need to be monitored very closely.  

During the 2nd and 3rd trimster, it is optimal to aim for an A1c near 6% in order to prevent excessive growth, which can lead to premature delivery, preeclampsia, and other complications during delivery.  Working with a high-risk obstetrician will be in your best interest.

There are many issues facing women with type-1 during pregnancy, but many have managed to overcome them and have successful pregnancies.  You might consider reading the book "Balancing Pregnancy With Pre-Existing Diabetes" by Cheryl Alkon, and visit the "Diabetes Sisters" website (https://diabetessisters.org/pregnancy) for some detailed articles on various aspects of the pregnancy.
JDRF has the new toolkit for free for Pregnancy and type 1. You should get one. It is full of great info. here is the link:
http://jdrf.org/life-with-t1d/pregnancy/