Diabetes - Type 1 Community
type1 dibetic pregnacy for first time
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

type1 dibetic pregnacy for first time

Hi Im 26 I been a type1dibetic sence I was 9  and I'm 14 weeks pregant It is also my first one I  am really  getting stressed out because I'm workin so hard on my blood sugars and I feel as if its not workin n it never will  I never had a a1c level lower than an 8.5 n that was like a month ago how can I stay strong for me n my baby
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That's all u can do now is intensively test your blood sugars and try and keep them as close to normal as possible!  U need to be in a high dose of folic acid too (see u'r diabetes dr) good luck with pregnancy try not to stress to much as that itself will make blood sugars worse!
Blank
231441_tn?1333896366
A;lso you can very strictly limit carbs, which will help make your blood sugar control a bit easier.  Don't be scared to increase your insulin, it is very important to increase the insulin to get the blood sugars under control.  Things will go back to normal after the pregnancy.
Blank
Im 24 yrs old and for the first time I've made it to 16 Weeks pregnant. I  also diagnosed   with  type 1 diabetes at 21. I know its very hard to deal with diabetes and pregnancy because its diff. hard for me and anyone with diabetes. I sometimes forget to check my blood and I get scolded by everyone. And I still have alot of have hate towards my moms side of the family because I didnt ask to have this illness. And it just *****

Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
shailendrajha196 commented on MedHelp Expert Named ...
Jul 01
Blank
5skid commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Jun 20
Blank
wordupministry commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Jun 20
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
This is Driving Your Emotional Eati...
Jul 02 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
5856747_tn?1403352282