unstable blood sugar
hi, I always have problems with my blood sugar level. I m using humulin. even though I eat a normal portion of meal, my blood sugar goes up  after each meal. but it goes down to normal level after 4-5 hours. it makes me confused because I cant inject more because I will get low, what should I do? answer s very much appreciated, thanks;-)
Hi there!

While it is normal to have a rise in blood sugar level after a meal, excessive rise in blood sugar levels could indicate inappropriate dosage/ timing of injecting the insulin or excessive or inappropriate proportion of carbohydrate in diet. You could start by slightly lowering the carbohydrate and increasing the protein portion of diet. If this does not seem to help, I would suggest consulting your treating endocrinologist for adjustment in dosage/ timing of the insulin.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
what are the food that has high carb? do rice and bread contain large portion of carbs? my doctor never told me about that so I have been living that way for almost 10 years...it s not until now I discovered this "carb counting" thingy...
Humalin is not the fastest acting insulin.  You may be better off using a faster acting insulin to better cover the foods you eat.  Ask your Dr. about other fast acting insulin such as Humalog.

Also you could cut back the amount of carbohydrates (particularly grains; pasta, rice, potato, bread, fruit, added sugars) that you eat to further help stabilise blood sugars.