Diabetes - Type 1 Community
whats a good range for people with hypoglcemia?

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

If your hypoglycemic, is 78 a good number on a full stomach?
If you mean after just eating, the answer is no. Sugar level should rise after eating, and then fall gradually.
i had my sugar tested right after lunch b/c i was still dizzy and the lady said Have you had anything to eat? i said yes i eat more then most people every two hours. i have 3 meals and about 4 snacks. granola, nuts and peanut butter are my biggest snacks.
You sound like you have hypoglycemia. You are correct to have several small meals. For snacks protein is best because it is digested slowly. I keep boiled shrimp in the refrigerator and use them for snacks. You must stay away from sugars and anything that easily converts to sugar. Are granola bars high in sugar. Better check that.
the gronola probably is..
thanks for your help.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet