why doi have a fatty liver
i am a type 1 diabetic. and for the past 2 yrs have had poor diabetes control with an a1c of 13.3. since hospitalization i have had much better control. i am a thin person with a bmi under the norm but i have an extended stomach as a result from an enlarged liver. i have had a ultrasound and some blood tests. the ultrasound showed that only the liver is enlarged and the blood tests showed no major organ damge. so my question is why do i have an enlarged liver an how do i reduce it?

fatty liver will be related to the high blood sugars.  Excellent control of blood sugar and reducing carb intake should help.

Great that you are having better control.  How is your Hba1c now?
i havent had my hba1c retested. but my levels have been between 4 and 15 for about a month now. do u know how long it could take for reduction of the liver.

I don't know how long it will take, with good control, but I imagine it will be at least a few months.

4 (72) is a decent minimum number for blood glucose.
15 (270) is really on the high side and will still result in damage, though indeed is much better than your previous numbers which were close to 400 based on your Hba1c of 13.3.

Would suggest that you try to narrow the range that your sugars are moving in.  4 - 7/8 (126 - 144), would be a more ideal range.  You could do this by following a very low carb diet, with moderate protein, and fat to satiety.  You can see this approach on "Bernstein Diabetes University" on U-tube or get and study his book "Diabetes Solutions" by Dr. Richard Bernstein.   IF you do follow a low carb diet monitor your insulin levels very closely as you may well need to reduce your dosing.  Please work with your Dr as much as possible, but also realize that control is really up to you and should be in your hands.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the information. it has really helped. btw just had my hba1c rechecked and its dropped back to 9.1 its stil high up there but at least its improving.

A drop from 13.3 to 9.1 is excellent work.  Yes a way to go, but it is going down and you can do it!  The health results are also really worth it.

Keep it up and don't hesitate to ask anything you need to ask.

Try increasing using diabecon a Himalayan cinnamon based product. It controls and protect pancreas and liver from further damage
I am also type 1 diabetic and my BS have not been under good control but I am on an insulin pump now and doing better. I went into urgent care last night thinking maybe i have an oncoming kidney infection or stones....turns out my liver is VERY enlarged. They wouldn't or couldn't give me much more info and told me to see my doctor, which luckily I am seeing monday morning. I am very nervous and also looking for more info. oi
means it's swollen beyond its normal size. There's usually another condition that's causing it, such as hepatitis. You have a lot of treatment choices, but you first need to find out the source of the problem.
Getting treated is important. Your liver has a lot of big jobs to do. Just to name a few key ones, it helps clean your blood by getting rid of harmful chemicals that your body makes. It makes a liquid called bile, which helps you break down fat from food. And it also stores sugar, called glucose, which gives you a quick back-up energy boost when you need it.