Diabetes - Type 2 Community
1 hr, sometimes high, 2 hour always fine....

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

I actually have GD not type 2 Diabetes (yet).  I can control it with diet and exercise, but my question is that on occassion I will have a high 1 hour (never higher than 170), but it's always below 120 after 2 hours.  Is this okay since it is staying within the normal range after 2 hours?  What's weird to me is that no matter what I have for breakfast (even after eating protein before bed) I will have a high post one hour reading from my breakfast (and it is a breakfast of peanut butter toast!).  Any ideas on these two things?  Thanks!
" Is this okay since it is staying within the normal range after 2 hours?"
Yes.

Peanut butter contains sugar so does bread. How much depends on the brand. Check the food label. You can expect your glucose to rise after consuming these products in moderation, not much, but some.

Keep at the exercise and proper nutrition. You're doing good.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight