Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Blister On Foot
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blister On Foot

I woke up with a blister on my right foot - Not sure if it is diabetes related but I have gotten these on occasion. What causes them (assuming it is diabetes related)? Could it be connected to the BG spike I had yesterday? How should I treat this? I usually pop them and move on but I gather that's not the right thing...

I should also confess - I was also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder so I am trying not to go overboard but I want to take good care of myself...
Blank
231441_tn?1333896366
Hello,

How big are they?  Do not pop them.  keep them clean and dry and let them heal on their own.  Could you have rubbed on something to cause them?

Do you have neuropathy? How is your A1C?

IF your blood sugars are usually high, or if you have neuropathy, it probably a good idea to see your Dr.  

However, if you don't have neuropathy, and your sugars are well controlled (< 140 nearly all the time, your HBA1C is in the 4 - 6 range), then you may observe.   Go to the Dr immediately though if you have any redness, pain, abnormal color etc. Foot care is very important for anyone who has diabetes.

5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Make that two blisters on my right foot.
Blank
231441_tn?1333896366
Hello,

How big are they?  Do not pop them.  keep them clean and dry and let them heal on their own.  Could you have rubbed on something to cause them?

Do you have neuropathy? How is your A1C?

IF your blood sugars are usually high, or if you have neuropathy, it probably a good idea to see your Dr.  

However, if you don't have neuropathy, and your sugars are well controlled (< 140 nearly all the time, your HBA1C is in the 4 - 6 range), then you may observe.   Go to the Dr immediately though if you have any redness, pain, abnormal color etc. Foot care is very important for anyone who has diabetes.

Blank
To my knowledge I only have spiked over 200 once due to eating a tortilla. At least, since I started testing... My HBA1C was 6.5%

The blisters are flesh colored - I am not sure if it rubbed up against something but I haven't been wearing new shoes or anything. No neuropathy that I can tell.

Thank you for the advice! So much to learn...
Blank
The blisters are still there - How long are they supposed to linger?
Blank
231441_tn?1333896366
Hello,

could take a week or two for it to go away. Just leave it be.

Contact your doctor if any pain, redness, swelling.

Try not to worry.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight