Aa
A
A
Close
Blood Glucose 104..Pre-Diabetes?
Hello,

I just recently got a fasting glucose level and it was at 104.  I know Diabetes Type II is 126 and higher but does anyone know if this is considered Pre-Diabetic levels?

-Hector75
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
568322 tn?1370169040
Yes, anything above 100 is considered pre-diabetes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
But it's still reversible at this point?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
568322 tn?1370169040
Being a pre-diabetic doesn't mean it will turn into diabetes.  It means that your risk is higher, especially if you have a family history of diabetes or you're obese.

It's like a warning.  What can you do about it?  Keep your weight down....learn about good nutrition...and exercise.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
618585 tn?1236718244
Hector, do you know that excercise stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin?  I am a type 2 diabetic, for the past 3 years now.  At first, I thought life ended as I knew it! I was scared and confused and had NO idea about my disease.  I learned what I had to do by reading and reading and asking questions. :)  Diet (meaning good nutrition) and excercise can keep your glucose levels pretty level. :)  I now try to walk whenever possible, and TRY to lose weight, which is hard, but slowly i'm managing to do so.  

Try getting out and walking or riding or whatever you're comfortable with.  Keep up on your heath check ups, and glucose tests if you've been instructed to take them, and I bet your sugar levels will stay pretty level. :) Good luck and keep your chin up!

As CoWriter said, use this as a sort of warning, or heads up and learn from it.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
172023 tn?1334675884
Don't rely on one single glucose result.  They can vary a bit.  

If you have repeatedly elevated fasting blood sugars, your doctor may want to do furthur testing to look into the possibility of abnormalities.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight