Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Blood Glucose 104..Pre-Diabetes?

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Blood Glucose 104..Pre-Diabetes?

I just recently got a fasting glucose level and it was at 104.  I know Diabetes Type II is 126 and higher but does anyone know if this is considered Pre-Diabetic levels?

-Hector75
Yes, anything above 100 is considered pre-diabetes.
Avatar n tn
But it's still reversible at this point?
Being a pre-diabetic doesn't mean it will turn into diabetes.  It means that your risk is higher, especially if you have a family history of diabetes or you're obese.

It's like a warning.  What can you do about it?  Keep your weight down....learn about good nutrition...and exercise.
Hector, do you know that excercise stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin?  I am a type 2 diabetic, for the past 3 years now.  At first, I thought life ended as I knew it! I was scared and confused and had NO idea about my disease.  I learned what I had to do by reading and reading and asking questions. :)  Diet (meaning good nutrition) and excercise can keep your glucose levels pretty level. :)  I now try to walk whenever possible, and TRY to lose weight, which is hard, but slowly i'm managing to do so.  

Try getting out and walking or riding or whatever you're comfortable with.  Keep up on your heath check ups, and glucose tests if you've been instructed to take them, and I bet your sugar levels will stay pretty level. :) Good luck and keep your chin up!

As CoWriter said, use this as a sort of warning, or heads up and learn from it.

Don't rely on one single glucose result.  They can vary a bit.  

If you have repeatedly elevated fasting blood sugars, your doctor may want to do furthur testing to look into the possibility of abnormalities.  
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22