Aa
A
A
Close
603046 tn?1279163013
Blood Sugar Level Readings
Back in '03 my sugar level read above normal and I was placed on Avandia. Three years after my readings went below normal and I was taken off Avandia. The last year however my A1c and glucos reading started to creep up. My latest A1c was 7.4%, up from 5.8% and my Glucose was 143. I've been monitoring my blood sugar level using the Accu-check Aviva and my readings show consistently that my FASTING reading was higher than my non-fast (2 hrs after meal). For example: 148 Fasting and 123 Non-fasting. My doctor gave me a medical explanation why this is so but I barely understood it. Can anyone explain to me why there are cases whereby a fasting reading is higher than non-fasting? He placed me on medication (Actos) and observe progress for 90 days.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You probably suffer from Dawn Phenomenon where your body produces more glucose and your blood sugar rises after you get up until you eat. Some people find having a snack before bed helps with DP. You need to get that fasting number down. Hopefully the new med will help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
6 hrs ago
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
11 hrs ago
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
15 hrs ago
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources