Panda
Bring Numbers DOWN
RedsamoaExternal User
I would like to now if you can suggest how I can bring my numbers down between 120 and 180.  Just recently I haven't been able to bring down my numbers below 200 I am steady between 200 to 350.  I brought this up to my physician and she only increased my med to 1000 mg.  Thoughts please.
I would lower my carb intake meaning no more white rice, pizza,...no more soda drinks and  read this book :Diabetes solutions by Dr. Richard Beirnstein. Good luck
Also "think like a Pancreas" is a good book

We do know
carbohydrates raise BG
ALL carbs raise BG,
rice will raise your BG
wheat will raise your BG
potato will raise your BG
bread will raise your BG
Pasta will raise your BG

In answer to the misinformed people your brain does NOT run on carbohydrates it runs on glucose.  If your BG (blood Glucose) is over 70 your brain IS getting ALL the glucose it needs.
If your blood sugars are this high and your oral meds are not working you need to ask your doctor about insulin.

Blood sugars should be < 140 at all times (better 80 - 120) to avoid damage from high blood sugars.

Low carb diet, exercise, weight normalisation and meds (insulin if that is what it takes) will all help.

Please work on this today.
When my doctor told me that I had to go on diabetes medication, blood pressure and cholesterol meds as well, I refused. I decided I would reverse my diabetes instead. I got the glucose monitor and started to take readings when i woke up and 2 hours after every meal. I read a book by Dr. Joel Fuhrman called Eat To Live, and decided to change my nutritional intake to avoid future disease and reverse my diabetes II diagnosis.  I also used a site called MyFitnessPal, and used the calorie counter. I did reverse my diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and lost 30 lbs. in about 9 weeks. All of this without exercise as I have a bad back. I got used to cutting the fat and sugar from my diet, pretty easily considering I was so addicted for so long. My best advice to you , is to take your life back and think about the long term effects of proper nutrition, for you and your family.  Longevity and disease control, when becoming your first priority, is so easy and so worthwhile. Maybe check out the book, it makes a lot of sense, and Fuhrman has put a lot of recipes on Dr. Oz over the years. Good luck in achieving your goals, just please, raise the bar and considering reversing your disease.
Cat
osakaroseExternal User
Just start exercising, count your carbs carefully, and lose some weight. I was diagnosed last year with Type II and refused to take meds (like Nighthawk61). I began to walk 7 days a week, watched my intake of carbs (try to keep it down to 35-40 per meal) and lost weight. I am now down 45 pounds and work out at a gym for 2-3 days per week. The other days, I either take a walk with my dog or do the treadmill. My A1c at diagnosis was 9.9 fasting! Now, I have an A1c of 6.4 (which my doctor states is like not being diabetic). I still keep tight control of my carbs but have worked some items back into my diet, like brown rice and wheat pasta. Like Nighthawk61 says, set your mind on reversing your disease! It can be done, I am proof of that.
I am so impressed that you were able to bring your blood glucose back to normal and your A1C down to 6.4.  How long were you on the diet before your A1C from from 9.9 to 6.4?  I went on a diet and my A1C went from 6.9 to 7.3.  I took in way too little calories and lost 10 pounds - down to 105 lbs now!  But my cholesterol went down drastically.  
i dont know if everyone is this lucky but i can literally walk my sugar down....(or other movement/exercise) anyone else this lucky?

welcome here.  Exercise is a very beneficial tool in the management and normalisation of blood sugars.

Please also focus on your diet to avoid going high in the first place, if you can, and keep up the excellent work.
Cat
simplysamantha79External User
Ive had great results with U500. Its a mix between longer and short acting insulin. ive been told it stays in your body longer and it feel like it adjusts to what u eat. 2 shots only a day down from about 6. If u are only on pills it may be time for indulin shots.
Great having your A1c down to 6.4 - mine was the same with a home test that I brought and did the test at home. I have been on a strict diet - weighing 115 before the diet - I did not have much weight to lose - but I think I have now lost 15 pounds.  Can't afford to lose anymore.  This is thin enough.  
U 500 is the strength of the insulin not the type  IE fast, long lasting, medium speed.  if your on a mix it probably 70/30 the most popular mix.  that insulin is 70% slow (medium length lasting) and 30% fast insulin (like novalog).

Im glad it works for you, most people have a very hard time getting consistent numbers with that insulin since every time you take a shot you get both medium length and fast insulin in the one shot.